25 February 2010

Calendars and the Real Life

Click for calendars:

March 2010

April 2010

May 2010


I use the above screenshots to open this post because I am not ready yet to let go of the image that study abroad is glamorous and whirlwind and fabulous. I want you to see me being a jetsetter and literally packing my months to the brim (see: April). I want you to imagine me falling into my bed at the end of another day spent hopping ‘round London taking in all this history and beauty and experience.

 

I don’t want you to know that sometimes I have days like today, where the most exciting thing that I do is throw together an outfit that gives me one more day away from the laundry room. I want to write, to give you my stories, but all I have is this: just because they are called “digestives”, that does not mean they are the same as Activia, and that does not mean that the 86 calories each of them offers is any special, magic sort of calorie. What I’m trying to say is, eating upwards of 15 of them in one day does not leave you feeling like you’ve really done good for your digestive system. See, these are the things I really discover each and every day here in England. Glitz and glamour be gone.

And since words are not with me right now – I started this out thinking they were and am too stubborn to give up on it – I will leave you with these tidbits:

Even though I am a little upset at words (as an entity, which yes, they are, don’t argue) right now for failing me, my new favorite is “voracious”. My English Novel professor used it in class on Tuesday and I rediscovered it and love it. I want to live voraciously; is that possible? I will make it happen. What’s your favorite word?

This is the song I wake up to every morning:


Live versions (here and here, especially) do it so much more justice but at the same time are not an accurate depiction of my morning, which is less celestial and transcendental and beautiful, and more “WHERE IS MY SNOOZE BUTTON” followed by lots of ceiling-staring. But still, I like to think waking up to this, once I am up, sets me off on the right foot.

And for a sneak peek of my Cambridge entry – which I PROMISE will be up by the end of the weekend, between studying for Management and finally tossing out my trash. I am telling you, this study abroad is more than meets the eye.

IMG_0373

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. do you go to school? and i was not on the calendar. just sayin'

    ReplyDelete