21 April 2010

IMG_3324
17 April 2010, Champs-Élysées, Paris, France

The ash situation didn't turn around in time for B to join me in Paris last weekend, but rather than spend time sad about it (except for a little tear-up on the RER) I resolved to have enough fun for the two of us. I'm head over heels in love with Paris and can't wait to share it with y'all, but in the meantime there's so much to catch up on! I'm apologizing in advance for the influx of activity that's about to occur around here - plan to set aside some serious reading time in your future because there will be lots. And I'm also thanking you lovelies in advance for spending time here with me, I hope you all enjoy my stories as much I enjoy writing them!

UK airspace finally opened up late last night, so assuming Iceland keeps its jets cool, my jet (well, American Airlines') will be making the scheduled trip back to JFK on May 15 (23 days, but who's counting?). Unfortunately, all the craziness meant that the grandparents' trip over here was sent into a tailspin; they're in New York right now visiting my aunt but will probably not be making the next leg across the ocean blue. Iceland, I love you with all my heart but this is seriously going too far. I'm trying to find silver lining in every (volcanic ash) cloud though, so at least now time has opened up for me to write papers and read books and most importantly (and more likely than the academic to-dos), get things up to speed around this joint! 

But all of the above can be done late at night in the lounge (to escape my claustrophobic, never-clean room). For now, I'm heading to the park with some reading and enjoying the (finally) wonderful London weather! This city has grown on me exponentially now that I am reacquainting myself with the sun (and getting a solid set of freckles in the process!)

weather london

No comments:

Post a Comment