22 April 2010

Happy Earth Day!

IMG_1586
28 March 2010, near Geysir, Haukadalur Valley, Iceland

In today's age of "green marketing" buzzwords and "fair-trade" pricing ploys (neither of which I actually know enough about to argue one way or the other on their legitimacy), it's easy to get disillusioned and push off all the messages in a fit of cynicism. I don't know where you stand - or even where I stand - but if nothing else, just use today to thank your Mother! I'll show you a few incredible things she does over the next few days, especially as I tell you my stories about Iceland, where I was stunned at how alive our Earth is. Speaking of good old Iceland, we all just spent the past week and a half at the mercy of Nature, and got a good reminder of who's really in charge. It's not us and our Hummers, it's the beautiful world we call home; show some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment