13 May 2010

An Open Letter to LDN, and Two

IMG_3372
12 May 2010, behind St. Paul's Cathedral, London, England


London, I am sorry for doubting you. I am sorry for not giving you the chance you deserved. It's been a great four months, and I should have treated you better during that time. You didn't have to introduce me to delicious things like Innocent smoothies, flapjacks, and Ploughman's sandwiches (especially Pret's take on the delicious lunchable). You didn't have to put a pretty park right next to the buildings I studied in. You didn't have to make it so easy for me to reach European countries to and fro, but that one especially, you delivered well on. I'm sorry for thinking that one of the best parts of London is how easy it is to leave London. I'm not saying I don't still believe that, but it's kind of a jerk thing to say so I guess I'm mostly just sorry for being a jerk. In my defense though, you've not been totally accomodating. I won't dwell, since that would be counterproductive, but you could have done a little better on the weather front. I mean, coldest winter in 20 years, that was a bit much. And the fact that it is still winter today, May 13; also a problem. I've become entirely too close of friends with my umbrella, but in your defense my umbrellas have somehow managed to last much longer than they do in New York. So, great work on that, I guess.

Long story short, though you don't hold a candle to the city I'm about to return home to in two short days, you don't suck. I'm sorry for saying you did. Thanks again for having me, it's been great fun and hopefully I'll see you around again soon. I'm so glad I met you this semester; it's been so fun getting to know you. Let's hang out this summer; HAGS, KIT and LYLAS! (Not really, on any part of that last bit. Maybe HAGS.)

No comments:

Post a Comment