30 July 2010

"life is no brief candle"

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work the more I live.

I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me, it is a sort of splendid torch which I've got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."
- George Bernard Shaw

At the end of every yoga class, they read a quote and play Tibetan singing bowls (as the tinny reverberations fill the studio space, I like to act like my spaceship is about to take off) - this was the quote from a class earlier this week and it left me with a huge smile on my face.

erikjohansson2crop

I'm in that sweet spot of time where I'm still interested in doing some sort of physical activity today - so I better pounce on it before it disappates as it is wont to do. But before I head out for my run (read: walk), I wanted to leave you with something for your weekend. I'm running, pampering myself, visiting the Met for the first time in far too long, and that's just today's plans!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment