04 August 2010

WWJDD? (What Would Johnny Depp Do?)

I am beginning to slowly accept the fact that yes, it is August, and yes, that means September is that much closer and so yes, it will be fall soon. And so yes, blogs should start featuring fall trends and shoe stores should start pushing sandals to the clearance racks and bring the boots to the front line.

And so yes, eventually it will be time that I cannot wear my shorts without wearing tights underneath. And soon enough I will need to invest in some new pants and jeans to protect my barely-tanned legs from the impending chill. (The Gap is having a great sale right now, and my paycheck's not even a week old yet...)

junya wanatabe mens rolled pants2junya wanatabe mens rolled pants
Junya Wanatabe Spring 2011 Menswear; both pictures via style.com


BUT! Before I give in totally, there's still time. I know they say this trend is only for the mens, but let me tell you that I have been rolling my pants all summer. And as Esquire's style editor said, "it's noncommittal." I just realized I'll be able to roll down my favorite jeans into a pair of well, jeans, come the first cold snap - and I got a little thrill out of just the thought. It's like two pieces in one! (Without the cheesiness of reversible clothing).
When it comes to saying goodbye to summer, I'm looking for any and every positive to get me through what's sure to be a rough breakup come next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment