05 January 2010

t-minus 7 days.

Changing postsecret

I can't take credit for this PostSecret, but it fits, and it's a large part of all of the different emotions I'm experiencing regarding my departure in one week. Of course I'm excited, to live in London for four months and go to all these places I keep listing over and over again as I sit in Barnes & Noble reading travel guides. I'm also ridiculously nervous and anxious (when am I not?), and I've taken to dealing with these emotions by letting my allergies keep me in bed for the better part of the morning, watching Meryl Streep movies on Netflix. Then I sit up, and let all of my suitcases stay half-packed for yet another day, because what's really the point in unpacking, when I'm going to be repacking in a matter of days? Oh my. Days. Days that I need to spend getting in all the Austin I can - trails, and Tex-Mex and barbecue, and Waterloo Records, everything that makes this one of my favorite cities. One of my favorite, out of the two I know. In just a few short months, my decision of favorite will require sifting through a much longer list!

No comments:

Post a Comment